How do I set up an out-of-office auto-reply message in e-mail?
You can set a vacation message that automatically replies to people who send you messages when you are out of the office for an extended period of time. That message is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated vacation period.
An autoresponse can also be helpful when a mailbox is used only for sending email (and the inbox is not checked by anyone.)
To set up an autoresponse message
1. Log in to webmail at https://webmail.etnainteractive.com.
2. Click the Preferences tab.
3. Select the Mail tab.
4. Scroll down to the Receiving Messages section and check Send auto-reply message.
In the text box, enter the message to be sent, such as “I am currently out of the office and am checking voice mail but not email. I will return on August 1, 2009.”
5. Set the start and end dates for using this message.
6. Click Save at the top of the screen. The auto-reply message feature is enabled immediately.