With a significant increase in interest for content marketing comes a corresponding rise in the amount of digital content that readers see on a daily basis. To stand out among the many headlines a person has to choose from, it’s important to understand how to tailor blog headlines to attract readers.
This video touches on 3 opportunities for creating effective blog headlines:
1. Catch the reader’s attention by standing out.
- Avoid phrases or text that limit potential readers.
- Use list posts to provide an easy-to-follow format.
- Assess the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) of your headline.
2. Clearly state what the post is about.
- Provide an accurate picture of what the reader can expect.
- Indicate how the reader will benefit from clicking on your headline.
- Avoid “click-bait” headlines that withhold crucial information.
3. Keep it short.
- Create concise headlines that don’t waste the reader’s time.
- Offer valuable information without requiring extensive effort.
- Keep title tags to 60 characters or fewer.
- Place your most important words at the beginning.