A whirlwind of changes that started in June of this year have altered the way Google displays its local search results. And, as the dust begins to settle, a new normal is emerging that will require a shift in your local marketing strategy.
The regional battle for first page rankings now involves fighting the Superpowers; national and regional power players now occupy more top rankings.
If you’ve no time for the video, take a look at the notes below to learn how you can stay on page one.
Adapting Tactics to the Changing Local Landscape
- Focus SEO on your medical specialty and adjacent markets.
- Expand your localized content by securing local and industry “citations” (that include your name, address, and phone number) that Google Maps can search.
- Piggyback on the national domain authority websites.
New Opportunities for DIY Marketers
- Focusing on cultivating reviews is more important than ever, and can have an effect on your local ranking.
- Leverage local relationships and activities to earn citations, build new content, and get links from other sites in your market.
- Expand localized content by talking about your efforts through social media, your blog, and so on.
Google has raised the Bar
- Localized content and connections are more important than ever.
- Service area businesses will have to work harder for exposure.