Is it better to do an online press release than a press release in the news or print media?
That’s a big question. So I’ll take an out with an easy answer. Whether you are distributing your press release online or off, we recommend the following
- Keep your press release under 350 words
- Take the time to write it well; check your spelling and grammar
- Be polite and thoughtful; remember that no one is obligated to cover your story, so give them a good reason
- Include links to more information and photos
- Skip the jargon and hyperbole
- Include your contact information with a phone number
It may be common sense, but somehow it just seems less common these days.
Leave a Comment