Modern, award-winning plastic surgery and medical spa websites blend eye-catching design, intuitive user interface, and seamless functionality to create an informative experience that generates leads. Etna Interactive’s experienced design team crafts beautiful sites and recently earned multiple honors from some of the internet marketing industry’s leading associations.
A robust online presence is essential in aesthetics; a website is often the first impression potential patients have of a plastic surgery practice or med spa. However, an effective, award-winning website is more than a pretty face.
What Are the Design Principles of an Award-Winning Website?
Designing an award-winning website requires a thoughtful and strategic approach. While each website may have unique requirements, some overarching design principles significantly enhance the chances of creating a successful and acclaimed website.
“An award-winning website is not solely about aesthetics but also about functionality, user experience, and achieving the website’s intended goals effectively,” says Sara Stanger, Etna Interactive’s Creative Services Manager.
The design team at Etna Interactive—which celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2022—works with our copywriters and web development team to produce technologically advanced websites that tell an engaging and informative client story.
Our designers use the following principles when creating websites:
- User-Centered: They prioritize the target audience’s needs, goals, and preferences throughout the design process.
- Focused Elements: They focus on the essential elements and avoid overwhelming visitors with too much information or distracting visuals. Embracing negative space—the space between and around visual elements—is also key.
- Visual Hierarchy: It’s essential to guide users through the website by organizing content logically and intuitively. They use size, color, and typography to emphasize important elements and create organization.
- Mobile-First Approach: They design with mobile devices in mind from the start, creating a responsive website that adapts to different screen sizes and resolutions. Providing an optimal user experience, no matter the type of device, is always a top priority.
- Consistency: Skilled designers maintain consistent visual elements, such as colors, fonts, icons, and buttons, across the website. Consistency fosters a sense of familiarity, improves user navigation, and trains user behavior.
- Accessibility: Being fair and considerate and ensuring the website is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities, is also important. Our designers adhere to standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to make the site usable for a broad audience. This includes using navigational elements, color contrast ratios, alt text, and more.
- Performance and Loading Speed: They optimize the website for quick loading times. Visitors expect fast-loading pages, and search engines consider it a ranking factor.
- Engaging Visuals: They use high-quality images, videos, and graphics that resonate with the brand and content.
- Brand Identity: Our designers reflect the brand’s personality and values through the design elements, color palette, and overall aesthetic. Consistent brand representation strengthens brand recognition, creating parity between a practice’s online and physical presence.
- StoryBrand: We use storytelling techniques to engage users and create an emotional connection with the brand or message.
- Call to Action: Making CTAs prominent, consistent, and easy to find, our design clearly communicates the action you want users to take and guides them through the conversion process.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility: We test the website across various browsers and devices to ensure consistent performance and appearance across different platforms.
- Performance Analytics and Iteration: Etna’s team implements analytics to track user behavior and performance metrics. We use data insights to identify areas for improvement and continuously enhance the website.
- Content: Site content is crafted with the brand’s voice, tone, and personality in mind while artfully weaving in keywords and other search engine optimization (SEO) needs. Good content provides helpful and understandable information to the reader.
Design Honors Awarded to Etna Interactive
We’re proud of the website design awards our Etna Interactive has earned, competing with agencies across the U.S. and worldwide.
In its 22nd year, this international competition is considered one of the most prestigious interactive, web design, and creative media awards.
Gold: L&P Aesthetics
The IAC awards recognize excellence in website design across nearly 90 industries.
Outstanding Website: The MODERN Plastic Surgery & Medspa
Best Medical Website: Crantford Costa Plastic Surgery
Since 1997, the Web Marketing Association’s annual WebAward Competition has set the standard of excellence for website development.
Best Healthcare Provider Website: Amélie Specialized Aesthetics
Healthcare Provider Standard of Excellence: Revive Dermatology Clinic and Spa
Stand Out From the Crowd
Etna Interactive earned its reputation as the agency with the best plastic surgery and med spa websites by making a long-term commitment to our clients’ needs. We design, code, manage, and maintain your medical website with the goal of growing your business and elevating your online brand.
If you’re ready for your website to excel beyond its first impression, contact us today.